Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week#9 - Installing a Central Vacuum

Good morning,

This week we worked on installing our central vacuum.  We would have finished the job if I did not cut my finger. I ended up going to the hospital and needing four stiches.  I guess that's what happens when you try to go to fast. I was hoping to finish and spend some time in the sauna and now I have to stay out of the sauna for one week. The next picture shows the 'slice'




Finger
  I hope to finish the job tomorrow. I need to glue three more joints, connect the downstaires pipe and the low voltage wire.  The connection upstairs works and the vacuum seems to work fine. My brother Oliver helped me out in planning the location of the pipes which saved me a lot of work.  The upstairs pipe goes through the cold air exchange vent in the furnace.  I had to cut a piece of drywall in the closet in the laundry room to get the pipe from the exchange to the wall upstairs.  The following pictures show the pipe going in the exchange, through it and then up the wall.


Upstairs

The downstairs pipe configuration is a little simpler. It starts at the vacuum, follows the wall and then through the south wall in the furnace room into the recroom. The next pictures show this.

Downstairs



I hope to finish putting up the hose holders tomorrow. Not sure where I'm going to put the one downstairs. The next step in this project is taking down the drywall on the west wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment