Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week#24 - Odds and Ends

Good morning everyone,

This will be my second last blog in the Basement Recroom renovation.  I will blog next when we get our furniture.  Last week I spent most mornings varnishing the Bostonian pine door. It took about 5 hours. Yesterday I finished putting up trims, mouldings and baseboards around that door. Below is the Bostonian door with all the trims. I was able to add a moulding to the top of the door.

Door


I also took the buck saw apart, primed it and then painted it. The wood parts will be brown in colour and the metal parts black. You can see the buck saw below.

Buck Saw

I also took my great grandfather's saw apart. Yesterday I used my lathe to build two handles out of oak.  The handles have been covered with Danish oil and will be varnished prior to being put up on the wall. The next pictures shows the saw and the handles.

Dad's Saw

We should be receiving our furniture for our recroom in 4 to 5 weeks. This week I plan on starting to work on our next project. The kitchen renovations.  The next link is the one for our new blog:


This week I will take the workbench in my shop apart. My plan is to move my kitchen cabinets to my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment