Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week#4 - Insulation

Good morning everyone,

Last week I decided to clean up my blog.  I removed all posts prior to the start of the recroom project. I figured that I'm only going to blog on the renovations that I'm actually working on.

This week I figured out how I'm going to hang my beams. I'm going to use a piece of 2" x 4" and attach it to the beam and then screw the 2" x 4" to the ceiling joist. This is shown in the next picture.

This week I fixed up the insulation and put some new duct tape on my heating ducts.  I found a toy in one of the ducts and too it apart to take it out. It was a pain to put the ducts back together. The next picture shows how the recroom looks at the moment.



No Drop Ceiling
I hope to get a couple of beams up next weekend and finish off the weekend after that.


Once I get all of my beams up I will start taking some drywall off the walls. This will give me a chance to look at the existing electricity. I'm going to be running a new circuit for the receptacles that I'm addition to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment