Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week#6 - Beams, Beams...More Beams

Good morning everyone,

It been a challenging week with Louise in the hospital and then at her mom's and aunt's for the next 7 to 10 weeks.  The kids have been fantastic and without them I do not think I would of survived.

It is the last Sunday in January already.  Time is flying by and our recroom project is moving along. Yesterday we finished putting up our last 3 beams. Alex continued working on removing the screws out of the drywall and Jacynthe helped out in putting up some beams.  The next picture shows our progress so far.



Beams Completed
 I now need to build 3 more shorter beams so that the beams will reach the north wall. This is shown in the next picture.

End of the Beams
Before I finish off the beams I need to remove the drywall and put up the knotty pine. The completion of the beams will only happen once that part of the project is completed.
We bought a central vacuum last week and I'm now trying to figure out where I'm going to put my outlets.  The basement outlet is no problem because the walls will be opened. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get an outlet upstairs with minimum damage to my walls. I have a couple of ideas.

I'm going to buy an angled drill for the job as I figure with all the renovations I need to do over the next few years, it will come in handy. Right now I'm looking at a Milwaukee which can be found at  Home Depot. I might go with something a little cheaper though.

1 comment:

  1. C'est intéressant comment tu documentes tout le processus d'une rénovation. Je vais suivre!

    ;-)



    Paul
    Ottawa (ON)

    ReplyDelete