Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week#5 - Putting up The Beams

Good morning everyone,

Wow, is it ever cold out there, -36°C this morning.  Good thing we have a nice fire going in our woodstove, it is nice and toasty in our house.

We finally have started to put our beams up.  I thought it would be much harder but Alex, Jacynthe and I are able to put them up together. I thought I would have to hire someone to help me but I think we are going to be able to do it without any extra help. At the moment we have 3 beams up. This can be seen in the next picture. 

3 Beams
There is a little problem where the beams are joining each other.  They are off about 1/8", so I will have to figure something out to line them up. Not sure how I will do that yet. This can be seen in the next picture.


Problem
I'm hoping to finish putting up the beams next Saturday. I have 3 more to do. The next step in this project is to remove the drywall off the North wall.  This wall will be covered with knotty pine. I was able to figure out how we are going to remove the drywall. I used this video as my guide: Video on Removing Drywall. Alex started removing some screws yesterday and he almost has one sheet completed.

We are also planning to put in a central vacuum since we have access to behind the wall. It will make vacuuming a lot easier for the kids. Well that is all for the news for today, hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment