Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week#2 - Moving Things Around

Hello everyone,

I want to start off by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. I know that for us it's going to be a busy one with the baby and all. Last week  I finally finished moving my office upstairs in our laundry room.  The weight room is now in my old office and the recroom is ready to be renovated.  This week I started to work on the drop ceiling part of the project.

I decided to build some faux beams and put my potlights in them. I got my idea from a drop ceiling website.  This is the picture I'm basing my design on. My beams are going to be a little bit wider (10.25").  This will leave me with 4 rows of ceiling tiles.


Inspiration Picture
The picture below depicts the beams (red lines), the location of the potlights (blue circles) in the beams and the floor joists (blue lines). It was quite a challenge to get the potlights to line up with the spaces between the joists. I still have one problem to solve because the potlight closest to the woodstove is lined up with a heating duct.

Beams and Pot Lights
I have 6 length of beams built and I'm in the process of varnishing them. This past week, I was lucky to have Alex's help. This speeded up the process of building the beams. My son is quite the little worker once I get him out there. Next week I will put up some pictures of the beams. I am returning to work this week so I will not have the same amount of time to dedicate to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment